Welcome to the VIP “members-only” area.
Thank you for attending the hands-on DIY Facebook Workshop. You’ve taken a big step forward in establishing a social media presence for your business, and if you can keep working on Facebook a little every day, you’ll start to see some positive results.
I know there was a information covered, and everyone was at a different stage in setting up their own Facebook Fan Page – so this private area is here for you whenever you need a refresher. If you have any questions, just pop over to Bright Spark Media on Facebook and share your question. I’ll answer it, and I’m sure it will help others who have similar questions too.
Here are link to the presentation (in 3 parts due to large file size), in case you missed anything during the workshop and want to view it again.
*** UPDATE: as of July 2013, Facebook has eliminated the Cover Photo rules, so now you CAN:
- have more than 20% text
- include calls to action, or arrows pointing to the like button
- announce discounts and sales
Get organized – top tools:
- Hootsuite (Social Media dashboard – to pre-schedule your posts/tweets, monitor mentions of your name and your company, and much more) http://hootsuite.com
- Facebook Interest Lists – tutorial blog post http://www.jonloomer.com/2012/03/08/how-to-create-and-subscribe-to-facebook-interest-lists/
Click the link below for tools, resources and a dictionary of Social Media terms that were mentioned during the workshop:
3rd Party Apps:
Free Photo Editing software:
Tutorials and how-to videos: These are 2-10 minute training videos I created to help you with Facebook setup.
- add a cover photo
- use tagging (@tags) in Facebook
- rearrange apps
- add y0ur own Facebook Page as a link in your personal profile
- pinning and highlighting posts
- Have you filled in all your info on your Facebook Page? (About, Description, etc)
- Have you chosen a Username (web address, vanity URL)?
- Have you set up your Hootsuite account so you can pre-schedule your posts?
- Have you found some other websites, blogs, and Fan Pages that you like so you can share their great content to your own fans?
- Have you completed your Apps and added YouTube, Twitter or your blog to your Facebook page?
- Have you connected on Facebook with the other people you met at the workshop? That’s an easy place to start!