In order to get found in LinkedIn, you need to optimize your profile, much like you use keywords for search engine optimization (SEO) of a website.
Most people know LinkedIn as the social network for finding a job or posting a resume. But it is a much more valuable tool in your business’s sales and marketing arsenal.
Your goal is that when someone searches for a keyword relating to your products or services, you will show up in the first page of a LinkedIn search.
Keep in mind that nowadays savvy business people are searching for you before they meet you in person, or call you on the phone.
Your LinkedIn profile can even show up higher than your website in a Google search.
You don’t want potential clients or business partners to find a LinkedIn profile that’s barely filled in, or has the dreaded “avatar” for your profile picture.
A well-optimized LinkedIn profile gives you an edge over your competition by:
- making a good first impression
- sharing information that demonstrates your expertise in your industry (not just work experience but former clients, links to reports, ebooks, checklists, projects you’ve undertaken)
- allows for an instant connection (by telling a story of your life journey, not just sharing a resume)
- providing information on the type of clients you serve
- outlining your products and services
- providing testimonials in the form of recommendations
Are you convinced yet?
If so, feel free to download this checklist so you can create your own Killer LinkedIn Profile.